German-Norwegian Energy Dialogue 2019
25. April 2019
German-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce in cooperation with the German Embassy in Oslo
German and Norwegian energy markets are closely inter-linked, and the effort to create a European internal energy market will contribute to a further deepening of this relationship. How can Norway and Germany benefit from a deepening of ties in the energy sector? And which technologies will prosper in an energy market in continuous transformation? The German-Norwegian Energy Dialogue is an arena for dialogue on the most important developments within the German-Norwegian energy cooperation. In cooperation with the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Oslo, we invite energy companies, politicians and organizations from both countries to discuss the potential for intensified bilateral energy cooperation, as well as to share ideas and knowledge on market and technology developments.
Moderator: Dr. Arndt von Schemde, Managing Partner, THEMA Consulting Group AS
- Norbert Pestka, Managing Director of the German-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce
- Alfred Grannas, German Ambassador to Norway
Deepened Energy Cooperation: What are the Possibilities?
- Norwegian Contributions to Energy Security and the Decarbonization of Europe
- Ingvil Smines Tybring-Gjedde, State Secretary, Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy
- Step Two of the German Energiewende: Achieving Flexibility and Maintaining Security of Supply
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, TBC
- Discussion with representatives from industry
What will the Future Hold for Natural Gas?
The Role of Oil and Gas in the Decarbonization of Europe
13.45 Coffee Break
Changes in the German Energy System
- Keynote: What Does It Take to Successfully Phase Out Coal? And How Fast Can Germany Go
From a Norwegian Energy Producer’s Perspective
From a Norwegian Electric Utility’s Perspective
From a Norwegian Industry’s Perspective
From a German Industry’s Perspective
15.15 Market and Technology
- What Does the New EU Governance System Mean for Norwegian Renewables Contributions?
- Prospects for Wind Power From an Investor’s Perspective
- How is the Reformed EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) Transforming the Energy Sector?
- Prospects for Power-2-Gas
16.15 Coffee Break
The Norwegian Solution: Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
- Presentation of a Norwegian CCS Project
- The Role of CCS Seen From Norway
- Is CCS Politically Feasible in Germany in the Foreseeable Future?
- The Role of CCS From a German Industry’s Perspective
17.30 Wrap up and End of the Program
18.00 Networking Reception at Ekebergrestauranten